squash and farro salad
prep time: 20 min.
cook time: 30 min.
8 srvs, 1 cup ea
1 cup uncooked farro
1/3 cup olive oil, divided
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
1 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges
1/2 cup dried cherries
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons stoneground dijon mustard
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 teaspoons honey
ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (optional)
4 cups loosely packed herb lettuce blend
- cook farro according to package directions.
- transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- in a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
- cook squash 8–10 minutes or until browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- add squash to farro.
- add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet.
- cook onion 3–5 minutes or until tender; transfer to bowl.
- add cherries to bowl.
- in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, honey, and remaining 1/4 cup oil.
- season with pepper to taste.
- drizzle over farro mixture.
- add blue cheese (if desired); toss to combine.
- place 1/2 cup lettuce on each of 8 plates.
- top evenly with farro mixture, and serve.
Nutrition (Per Serving)