smoky buffalo chicken sandwiches
prep time: 10 min.
cook time: 10 min.
4 srvs, 9 oz. ea
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup jarred peach salsa
ground black pepper, to taste
4 (3 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cooked and coarsely chopped
1 cup deli creamy coleslaw
5 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
4 onion sandwich rolls, split
4 large tomato slices
- for the sauce, in a medium skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- add bell pepper and onion; sauté until softened.
- stir in salsa, 1/4 cup water, and pepper to taste; cook and stir until heated through.
- add chicken to skillet; toss with sauce to coat.
- cover and cook over medium-low heat until chicken mixture is heated through and bubbly.
- add hot sauce to taste.
- in a small bowl combine coleslaw and blue cheese.
- spoon chicken mixture evenly onto the bottom half of each roll.
- top each with 1/4 cup coleslaw mixture and 1 tomato slice.
- close sandwiches, and serve.
Nutrition (Per Serving)