prep time: 15 min.
cook time: 20 min.
4 srvs, 17 oz. ea
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine or low-sodium beef broth
1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with garlic and basil, undrained
1/2 pkg. (16 oz.) rigatoni
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
crushed red pepper flakes
- in a large skillet cook turkey over medium heat 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- add wine to skillet; cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen up any browned bits.
- stir in marinara and tomatoes; simmer 10 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency.
- meanwhile, in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- drain pasta and add to skillet; stir to combine.
- sprinkle with basil, plus red pepper flakes and parmesan to taste.
- serve warm.
Nutrition (Per Serving)