1 lb. ground turkey or lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (15.5 oz.) red kidney beans, no-salt added
1 can (15 oz.) black beans
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies (optional)
1–2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes
1 can (10.75 oz.) reduced sodium condensed tomato soup
hot sauce to taste
- brown ground turkey with chopped onion in a large skillet or pot.
- drain and rinse kidney and black beans.
- add to ground turkey with chilies and seasonings.
- stir to mix.
- add tomatoes and tomato soup.
- let simmer 10–15 minutes.
- add hot sauce to taste.
suggestion: serve over rice or pasta. top with grated reduced fat cheddar or monterey jack cheese and diced onion. serve with a tossed salad and cornbread.