pumpkin & sausage penne
prep time: 10 min.
cook time: 20 min.
6 srvs, 3/4 cup ea
13.3 oz. box nature's promise whole wheat penne pasta
12 oz. package chicken sausage, sweet apple flavor
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 1/2 cups nature's promise chicken broth
1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
15 oz. canned pumpkin
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
10 oz. bag fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup light sour cream
- cook pasta according to package directions.
- slice sausage links in half, then into 1-inch pieces.
- heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook sausage until browned.
- add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- add broth, milk, pumpkin, spices and pepper.
- bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low, allowing liquid to thicken slightly.
- add spinach and stir until wilted.
- mix in sour cream just before removing from heat.
- toss pasta with sauce and serve.
Nutrition (Per Serving)