1 tablespoon olive oil
8 (3 oz.) pork cutlets
1/4 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon peeled, grated gingerroot
2 medium pears, peeled, cored and cubed
chopped fresh parsley
- in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- lightly season pork with salt and pepper to taste.
- add pork to skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- transfer pork to a platter; set aside.
- return skillet to heat. for the sauce, add wine, stirring to loosen up browned bits.
- cook until wine is reduced by half.
- add butter, brown sugar and ginger; stir to combine.
- add pears; cook 5–7 minutes, coating with sauce.
- spoon pears and sauce on pork, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
suggestion: serve with a side of rice and thinly sliced cooked carrots.