1 (2–2 1/2 lb.) boneless pork top loin roast
ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups apple cider or apple juice
1/4 cup dried fruit bits
4 medium turnips, peeled, each cut into 6 wedges
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
2 medium cooking apples, cored, each cut into 6 wedges
- preheat oven to 325°f.
- place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- season to taste with pepper.
- place in oven and roast 45 minutes.
- meanwhile, the for glaze, combine cornstarch and nutmeg in a small saucepan; stir in cider.
- cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- remove 1/2 cup of glaze for basting.
- add fruit bits to remaining glaze in saucepan; set aside.
- arrange turnips, carrots and apples around roast in pan.
- brush about half the reserved glaze on roast, vegetables and apples.
- roast 15 minutes; brush again with glaze and roast 15 to 30 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°f.
- remove pan from oven.
- cover roast, vegetables and apples with foil; let stand 15 minutes.
- meanwhile, bring glaze in saucepan to boiling.
- slice roast, and serve with roasted vegetables and glaze.
suggestion: for gluten-free recipes, carefully read product labels when selecting ingredients.