harvest jambalaya with sweet potatoes
prep time: 10 min.
cook time: 25 min.
4 srvs, 2 cups ea
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/4 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper, to taste
2 links fully cooked andouille sausage (about 6 oz.), sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced peeled sweet potato
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup long grain white rice
1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt added diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- heat 1/2 of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- season chicken breast with salt and pepper and brown, about 2–3 minutes per side.
- add sausage to skillet and lightly brown.
- transfer to a plate when both are fully cooked.
- heat remaining oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- add onion and sweet potato to skillet and sauté, stirring occasionally.
- add celery and bell pepper.
- cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- add rice and stir to coat rice with oil from pan, about 1 minute.
- add chicken broth, canned tomatoes, and cajun seasoning.
- stir to combine.
- bring mixture to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15–20 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- fold in chicken and sausage to cooked rice. heat through. serve while warm.
Nutrition (Per Serving)