grilled bourbon-glazed wings
prep time: 10 min.
cook time: 50 min.
6 srvs, 5 oz. ea
3/4 cup bourbon or apple juice
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup apple juice
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup ketchup
2 lbs. chicken wings, each wing cut into 2 pieces, tips removed
- for the glaze, in a large saucepan combine bourbon, vinegar, apple juice, honey, mustard, garlic and ketchup.
- bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- add wings to glaze; stir to coat.
- reduce heat; simmer, covered, 40 minutes or until wings are cooked through (165°f).
- using a slotted spoon, transfer wings to a plate.
- spoon glaze into a small bowl; set aside.
- coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- preheat grill to medium (300°f–350°f).
- grill wings 3–5 minutes per side or until browned, brushing with glaze during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- serve with remaining glaze.
Nutrition (Per Serving)