enlightened potato skins
prep time: 20 min.
cook time: 12 min.
8 srvs, 1 shell ea
4 large russet potatoes
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cup shredded reduced-fat colby–monterey jack blend
4 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup sliced green onions
- scrub potatoes; prick with a fork.
- place in a 2-quart square microwave-safe baking dish.
- microwave, uncovered, on high 6–9 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- let cool completely.
- coat broiler pan rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- cut potatoes lengthwise in half.
- carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a shell 1/4-inch thick. (save pulp for another use).
- place shells, skin side up, on broiler pan rack; brush with butter.
- preheat broiler to high.
- broil shells 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- remove pan from broiler; carefully turn shells.
- sprinkle with cheese and crumbled turkey bacon.
- broil 30 seconds to 1 minute more or until cheese melts.
- transfer to a serving plate.
- top each shell with sour cream and sprinkle with green onions.
- serve warm.
Nutrition (Per Serving)