chocolate coated coconut cashew brittle
prep time: 5 min.
cook time: 30 min.
24 srvs, 1 oz. ea
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons salted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup salted cashew pieces
1/2 cup coconut, lightly toasted
1/2 lb. dark or milk chocolate chips
- line a rimmed baking sheet with buttered parchment paper.
- heat sugar, corn syrup, and 2 tablespoons water in a heavy sauce pan.
- cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until golden caramel in color (about 10 minutes).
- remove from heat and whisk in butter, vanilla, and baking soda.
- it will bubble up slightly.
- fold in cashews and toasted coconut.
- pour hot candy onto baking sheet and spread as thinly as possible.
- cool completely and then break into pieces.
- melt chocolate in microwave, stirring every 10–15 seconds until fully melted.
- dip one side of each piece of brittle in chocolate and place on wax paper to harden.
- store in an airtight container.
Nutrition (Per Serving)