2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
4 large cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 (4 lb.) eye round roast, well-trimmed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 medium baking potatoes, quartered
3 large sweet potatoes, halved, quartered
4 small onions, halved
- preheat oven to 350°f.
- combine rosemary, garlic, salt, mustard and pepper in a small bowl; press half the mixture evenly into surface of beef roast.
- combine remaining seasoning with oil in large bowl.
- add vegetables and toss to coat.
- place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting plan.
- insert meat thermometer in thickest part.
- place vegetables on rack around roast.
- roast until meat thermometer reaches 135°f for medium rare and 150°f for medium, approximately 1 1/2 hours, being careful not to overcook.
- once meat reaches desired doneness, transfer roast from rack to cutting board.
- cover roast with foil, and allow meat to rest for 10 minutes.
- carve roast into slices; serve with vegetables.
suggestion: serve with a side salad.